Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh dear.

So last night was Michelle's birthday party. This seemingly is the perfect opportunity to ask people out because I was quite drunk.

Once again, fail. No one. I didn't even think about it really. So another day unfulfilled. It's so HARD! Arg. I just don't think I've gotten over the fear of rejection yet. Then again, it has only been 11 days, so that is to be expected, but today, at the Law school I was having a very good conversation with a boy whom I work with and a somewhat of a report with and I couldn't do it.

I just don't understand how you work that into a conversation! It is so AWKWARD! I mean, it is easier to ask out a complete stranger, whom you have had no interaction with because it's literally just saying, "Would you like to go on a date?" Which leads to the inevitable no- I mean who goes out with someone before even talking to them? So is asking out a complete stranger even really a risk? I'm just setting myself up for failure so I don't have to actually worry whether he will say yes or no.

But on a lighter note, Day 4 and I have made tentative coffee plans, as have Day 9 and I. And Day 2 is making me dinner on Monday. So in 11 days I've gotten three yeses and one repeat date. Not bad at all.

So catching up is again in the cards. I think I will try to ask out three guys today. Maybe I'll finally ask the Coop cheese guy out. Probably not though.

No comments:

Post a Comment